Universal Article/Blog/News module
What Is A Webhook And How To Use It To Track Email Marketing Activity
Being a marketer is no less than being a single parent of eleven uncontrollable children alongside building an empire. That’s the amount of effort it takes. You need to manage a plethora of different marketing activities on different online and physical platforms, keep a track of email marketing, analyze their results, and plan further activities. How relieving would it be for you to have a PA!
Allow me to unleash something more efficient and helpful than a PA; it’s webhook.
A webhook is a way through which we can get notified of every business event, update, and news effectively without any hassle, mishap, or delays.
What is a Webhook?
A webhook is a way through which different applications can be connected for smooth and quick communication between them. They are like HTTP callbacks that are generated as a result of preset activities. They allow the automatic flow of data between apps to generate specific results that would manually be tiring and time-taking.
Cautious, Confusion Ahead!!
Most people confuse between polling and webhook. Their purpose and function might be similar but they are quite different in their entirety. In polling, you have to tell the application to go and fetch the information from another app. However, with webhook, the applications are only instructed once and they continue to exchange information without your involvement.
How Webhook works?
When you connect two applications through webhooks, they start to exchange data upon the occurrence of a defined event. The data transferred is a set of instruction originated from sending app guiding the action application to take further actions.
You have an eCommerce store. Someone logs in to your store and makes a purchase. Now, you want to make an invoice for this order. Through webhook connect your store with the invoicing app and set the required instructions. Voila!!
Whenever there is a transaction on your virtual store, the invoicing app will get the notification and ultimately create an invoice.
How Does Webhook Aid Marketers?
- Webhooks allow marketers flexible accessibility to data for their marketing campaigns and other activities. But that’s only one of several benefits of webhook for marketers. Find others below.
- Webhook is capable of managing all social media accounts, brand campaigns, apps activities, other priorities, and absolutely each and everything.
- Keeps a track of money received or sent through the linked accounts.
- All of your business’s information is safe and secure with webhook. Its special decoded URL's are different for every other application in the system.
- Setting a Webhook is super-easy and a one-time thing. Once everything is in place, webhooks get down to business right away for as long as you want.
Due to the growing complexity of marketing tasks, setting up webhooks is crucial for marketers. Not only are they convenient, but also quite reliable. They transfer accurate data the moment they are received.
How Webhook Help In Email Tracking Activity?
According to research,over 75000 emails are unsent and spammed monthly, which negatively impacts the reputation of the business.
- Webhooks are specifically designed for people involved in bulk emailing but cannot keep a track of their responses. It offers reliable results and spares a lot of time, which can be invested in other productive activities. Here are some more ways in which you can benefit from Webhook for tracking email marketing.
- Once you have sent the emails, you move on to other marketing activities, which might not give you enough time to track your email results. In fact, when sending emails in bulk, it’s almost impossible to track back every email (unless you are using CBT Mass Email Sender). Lack of measurable results is an obstacle to success. To cope with this, Webhooks track and provide the responses of all the emails sent.
- Webhook lessens your burden by segmenting the emails on the basis of previous data. It helps to stay organized and reduce clutter.
- Webhook is the most feasible way to track emails you sent to the users and maintain a good impression of sender and availability rates. It’s significant in finding out the right day and time to send out emails.
It also keeps you enlightened about your sent, spammed, bounced, subscribed, unsubscribed, and all other emails to track real time email marketing. Based upon these you can further plan your emails.
How to Use Webhook to Track Email Marketing Activity?
Using webhook to track email marketing is as simple as it sounds, you can do this within a few minutes sitting anywhere around the globe. To help you enjoy the convenience of webhook, here is a quick guide on how to implement webhooks for email marketing.
- First of all login to your account on the service site that you want to add a webhook to.
- Then search for the type of activity you want to hook i.e., campaign or contact.
- After reaching your intended page, click on ‘settings’.
- In the settings, choose ‘configure’ where you’ll find ‘webhooks’.
- Select the option to add a new webhook and insert the URL of the app you want to connect.
- Set the instructions about the type of event you want to be notified about.
A webhook is the most productive and flawless way to cope up with your daily marketing schedules.It saves your time and effort, allowing you to direct them towards more productive marketing campaigns.With a webhook, all you have to do is set it up with accurate instructions, and let it do the rest. However,for best results throughout you have to keep a once in a blue moon check on it.