Universal Article/Blog/News module
Optimum Email Send Times
Have you ever sent an email in the middle of the night? And later regretted it thinking that it might have disturbed one's sleep? Well! Yes. It's absurd to interfere in someone's time particularly when you are dealing with them professionally.
Being an email marketer, you would always want to play safe and ensure everything from your end to receive maximum prolific returns on your email. 23% of marketing emails are expected to open in 60 minutes after being sent.
One of the most vital aspects to consider while sending a marketing email is to determine the time when you are sending it. It may sound ordinary to you, but it holds immense importance in an effective email marketing strategy. Sending your quality content marketing email at a vague hour can get you under the water. To get a better idea of this take a look at your email list and assess the time slots they were sent. It's not a coincidence that the times of most of your emails are resembling. It's a strategy.
Why Is The Email Send Times Important To Consider?
Email marketing is all about satisfying your customer to ultimately reach your goal -better sales. Choosing the wrong timing is also considered a lack of discipline and ethic and can directly harm the sender's reputation.
Here are some more motives about why you should be concerned about your email timings.
- The intervention of your emails in the recipient's busy schedule can annoy him as a result of which he might delete or mark your email spam.
- Sending an email at the incorrect times can decrease your click-through rates severely, reducing your reader's engagement
- You might not get the expected achievable response on your promotional marketing emails resulting in your strategy failures.
- Sending bulk emails at inappropriate times and getting pleasant responses can cost you heavy mail sending costs yielding no profit to you.
It is pretty clear now that the email times are a must to consider and, an email marketer should pay sufficient attention to this aspect of marketing. However, there is no one rule of thumb that can be useful and applicable to all the marketing emails. It solely depends on 3 things
1. Your marketing email content
2. Your marketing email intent
3. Your targeted audience
Once you've comprehended these things, then it's pretty easy to perceive the best time to send your marketing emails. Hence, here we have gathered some valuable pieces of information from different researches that might help you relate your email marketing strategies with the optimum email sending times.
What Is The Optimum Email Sending Times?
There are numerous resources present on the internet stating their experiences on what works best for them. Yet! There is no perfect time that works for all.
It all depends on the specific time of the days your customers and prospects are the most available. Here is a list of prime times when there is higher possibility of your email getting an absolute read, resulting in higher CTR's for you.
- Choose days overnights to send your marketing emails -All of us prefer to carry our important tasks in day times and have a stress-free sleep at night. Hence, many disciplined business owners despise receiving emails at night time just like those unsolicited abhorrent insurance policies call. So, it's better to wrap up all your email to send by 8 pm to prevent yourself from troubling your recipients.
- Keep a balance in sending your marketing emails -Neither send emails too early nor too late both can put you in crises. Make sure to have a balance, 5 am is too early and, 10 pm is too late. So, go for the hours in between that, and you will see excellent engagement and better responses on your marketing emails.
- Early morning around 6 pm is the most chosen time to send emails -It is the peak time when your reader has just woken up and is likely to check his phone. Around 17% of Americans like to check their emails in bed after waking up. You have a golden chance to grab his attention and persuade him with your marketing email.
- Afternoons also play a good role in boosting email open rates. 43% of email users check emails between their normal work hours. 2-3 pm is the optimum time when your reader has got a break from his hectic schedule and is out to grab a meal, and in the meanwhile, checking your marketing email. At this time, your recipient is pretty active and is most likely to give you a reply email or take interest in your marketing email offers.
- Another best time to send your marketing email which promises you great success is around 8 pm. This is the high time when your email user is having dinner, winding up his all daily projects, or making updates for tomorrow and heading towards bed. In all these possibilities he will certainly look at his email list to check if he has not missed anything.
- Tuesday and Saturday afternoons till about 2 pm have proved to bring more success for marketing emails for various brands and organizations
- Weekend mornings are indeed the worst option to choose for sending your email. However, you can send on Sunday evenings as one might be getting himself prepared for Monday.
- Send your email campaigns on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings as most of the people are seeking a distraction from the workload and may drive your email campaign success.
- Event promotional or product emails should be sent 3 to 4 mornings before the event and with consistency to hope for productive email success.
An average email user gives five hours of his day in checking his emails and, your goal is to find that perfect hour when you can get a positive response on your email. Be very vigilant while sending your email at the right time, depending on its type and your audience preferences. Cold emails can get you a decline in your sales affecting your average ROI and CTR's. Bringing these habits into practice can unexpectedly get you mind-blowing results and create a very professional image of your brand. Being a marketer, you must adapt yourself to your buyer persona daily regime and estimate the hours of the day he’d like to receive your emails. Don't forget to check the time zone of your customer's residence and send accordingly. Taking care of these little nerve points can make your reader your regular purchaser.
If you want to make your work easier, you can check out CBT Mass Email Sender. The software will assist you in collecting customer data to find out their location and time zones and sending them bulk emails accordingly.