Universal Article/Blog/News module
5 Key Practices to Avoid the Spam Folder
Email marketing is one of the most antiquated and efficient practices of directly connecting with the targeted audience. This field of marketing has drastically evolved over time. It was pretty much feasible to send an email back then and forget about that, but now, there's constant stress on the sender about numerous things regarding his marketing emails. The most common and frightful concern of email marketer is his email getting spammed.
Your splendidly designed email with excellent quality content getting spammed is undoubtedly the worst nightmare.But what’s even worse is that you turn this nightmare into reality by some mistakes while designing and sending the emails. The daily spam volume in 2014 was around 28 billion, which hurt sender's reputation severely. ISP's and other spam detecting software are in dire search of any lead that can persuade them to put your marketing email in the spam folder. Numerous email marketers have also reported their exclusive legitimate marketing emails getting spammed constantly.
Here is the good news, you can use a little smartness to ditch the spam traps and securely land your emails in the receivers’ inbox. Although CBT Mass Email Senderhas been a great help in effectively avoiding spam folders, below are some efficient tips that need significant consideration to save your emails from getting spammed.
5 Key Practices to Avoid the Spam Folder
1. Use Authentic Email Addresses
- Email sender-receiver domain name and email address play a significant role in building sender reputation. Mailbox providers closely examine your email address’s credibility and passes your emails to the recipient’s inbox only if your email address is found to be genuine. Hence, your email address must be legitimate enough to ensure that it's coming from a professional brand.
- Once and for all, remove generic, expired, role-based email addresses from your email list that make you more prone to ISP's spam prey. Secondly, amend your sender email address and make it look real following the tips given below.
- Try to use your brand's first name and then add abbreviations for relevancy.
- Restrain yourself from using “[email protected]” or “[email protected]”.Such email addresses seem fraudulent and are highly shunned by the experts.
- Make use of bold, genuine, reliable, and credible field names such as [email protected]@, etc. to gain the recipient trust.
2. Update Your Subscribers
- Regularly keeping a check and updating your subscribers is a very efficient email marketing strategy. Sometimes your subscribers mark you spam because your content is no more relevant to them, they're not interested in your offers, your emails are bloating their inboxes, or any other reason. To prevent yourself from these; Go for these easy, useful tips.
- Send a quick rejuvenating email once every two or three months to interact lively with your subscriber and ask if they face any trouble or need any help regarding your offerings.
- Another magical trick to adopt for higher engagement is giving freedom to your email subscribers to unsubscribe. Sometimes your subscribers also mark your email spam because they don't easily find the unsubscribe button, so let them unsubscribe from your unwanted emails the moment they decide to.
3. Never Purchase Email Lists
Buying an email list is indeed the worst decision an email marketer could ever take. No matter what circumstances you're in, never buy an email list as it gets you pretty close to spamming all your upcoming emails. It can have an adverse impact on your sender reputation by giving you dead or untargeted email addresses, which gets you no positive response at all. Buying an email list is clearly against the laws of most ISPs and can put you in immediate crises marking you as a permanent spammer. Instead,boost your mailing listthe right way and not be a fool to fall into this spam trap.
4. Focus On Your Content
- Your entire content from the subject line till the ending regards is an ultimate representation of your brand. So, make sure you analyze each part of your email content thoroughly and ensure no lack from your side. Here are some points that make your email more prone to ending up in spam and must be prevented at any cost.
- Write spam-proof or deceptive subject lines and avoid using caps lock characters, alternating letters, excessive emoji usage, unique characters, or anything that looks fishy or abhorrent.
- Restrain yourself from writing risky or hash busting words such as free, prize, gift, discount; it can quickly trigger a spam-responsive message to your marketing email.
- Don’t state illogical facts or misleading, irrelevant statements as they could affect your marketing emails badly.
5. Watch Your Attachments
- An efficient marketing email is incomplete without attachments but attaching your email with external files brings many concerns. You cannot control your email about responding once it's sent but can consider these tips for a good impression of your marketing emails.
- Ensure the image you are attaching is short and up to 600px to 650px dimension with 360x640 resolution. This is the ideal detail of images that quickly gets loaded.
- Don't forget to add captivating and relevant ALT text for images for the safe site and balance image to text ratio.
- Avoid using broken links and prefer linking your content from credible sources.
- Try not to add PPT, logos, large and heavy attachments, etc. as all of these can make the scam scanner raise a red flag on you anytime.
The worth of your valuable content will never be recognized if it's ending up in a spam folder. It's also always better to ask your trustworthy subscribers to whitelist you in his email account if he agrees to. Implement these tips, make a spam checklist, and voila! You're good to go to save yourself from all those spam scanning monsters like a pro.