Universal Article/Blog/News module
4 Steps To Increase Your Email Open Rates
4 Steps To Increase Your Email Open Rates
Higher email open rates are indicative of successful email marketing campaigns. That explains why marketers work so hard to create the perfect subject lines. If you really can expand your email open rates, you'll also be able to enhance your email conversion rate.
Email marketing is considered to be one of the most effective strategies for companies to encourage and convert prospects into paying customers. However, the first step here is to make your receivers open the email.
Among the several major factors that affect the email open rates are email deliverability rates - the number of emails delivered to the inbox. How can your receivers open the emails when they haven't even reached them? This requires working on a number of other factors including sender reputation, bounces, bulk emailing, etc.
New or old securing favorable email open rates is daunting for all. But to make things easier we have given out some expert tips ahead.
Even if you have been marketing through emails for some time now, you can benefit from these strategies. Before starting make sure to check your highest email open rates so that you can easily compare the results. For novice email marketers who haven’t run any campaign yet, these strategies are a kickstart to a record-breaking marketing career.
The Danger Zone
Although it is always better to stay in the secure zone, here is when you need to deploy high alert.
Borderline email open rate – 15%
If you notice your email open rates going lower than that, take immediate actions. There are various factors that regulate your email open rates varying from business to business. Try the following effective and quick strategies to boost your open rates.
- Use a double opt-in method
- Make sure there's a way to unsubscribe
- Do not use the URL link tags
- Avoid sending an email via free domain address
- Minimize the number of photos in your inbox
Steps To Improve Email Open Rates
The Subject Line Should Be Short And Intriguing
The email subject line is among the most important components of the overall email. It is indeed the first phase of your email that the receiver views -and you're not expected to take it casually.
The subject line is the introduction of your email. It's supposed to be unique, simple, and attractive. It must give readers an honest clue of the email message. Like
- What will the recipient see when he opens the email?
- Do you have amazing news to deliver?
- Are you announcing a promotion or another occasion?
Use succinct yet engaging words and phrases to quickly and completely deliver your message. Take out needless adjectives or phrases to create a complete, concise, and valuable email.
You can also attempt customization on the subject line, which can give your email a more personal touch.
These things can make your subject line interesting:
- Use a unique speech and style
- Play gently with exclamation and punctuation marks
- Keep it pleasant and concise
- Ask questions
- Create interest or urgency
- Segment The List
When working on improving the open rates – segmenting your mailing list is a no-brainer. Sending specific emails to each segment has proven to offer better open rates. A study showed that 39% of the people who categorized their lists had higher open rates.
Categorizing your mailing list also helps you to personalize your messages. It's hard to do that when sending a general email to the overall list. A study showed that personalizing your messages improves your transaction rate and sales by six times!
There are several ways of segmenting your mailing list. Though the three approaches that are the most efficient and can greatly increase the open rates are given below.
- The first approach is to organize your subscribers into various groups based on their pressure points, preferences, likes and dislikes.
- Next, you can organize your subscribers by modifying the content that they opt-in for. You can also group a few content upgrades if they're associated. Then build a segment for anyone who opts for these content upgrades.
- Thirdly, you might choose to use psychological segmentation to deliver emails based on how individuals behave on your platform. For example, if individuals visit a particular page on your website, you can send them an email relevant to that page.
Focus On Timing
Studies show that the ideal time to send an email is 10 a.m. That doesn’t mean you cannot send emails at any other time. Instead, you should try different timings to find the best one for your audience.
Several other important facts that might help you to choose an appropriate timing are:
- Working hours -9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – are when more than half of the emails open occur.
- The peak hours of opening an email are before and after lunch.
- Lunchtime just declines opens by a fraction.
Along with lunch, 47% of emails are accessible other than office hours. Notice that most of these "non-working" openings happen on smartphones.
Avoid Spam Filters
Spam detection seems to be more advanced over the last few years, though they're not flawless. Your strongest emails can also be trapped in the dreaded spam file and will never land in your recipients’ inbox. Thus, to optimize your outcome, you need to play safe – do your best to avoid spam traps.
Mentioned below are some of the best practices to prevent your emails from getting into spam folders.
- Ensure that all users have personally opted-in to receive your emails.
- Deliver your campaign from a strong IP address – the IP that hasn’t been involved in spam.
- Send via confirmed domains.
- Use merge tags.
- Provide a simple way for registered users to drop out of your email list.
Email open rates are crucial to the success of an email marketing campaign – anything lower than 15% is not acceptable. Thus, keep a close eye on your email open rates with CBT Mass Email Sender. Here is the thing; you do not have to wait for a drop to work on your email open rates. In fact, you need to maintain it at all times to ensure greater ROI.