Universal Article/Blog/News module
4 Crucial Tips For Writing Polished Email Marketing Copy
Writing a polished email marketing copy needs a few extra efforts. A marketer writes an email marketing copy intending to get a high engagement rate but how often that goal is achieved? After so much hard work on email marketing strategies and careful email writing, once a marketer dispatches the emails, it seems that his work has been finished. However, it is just the beginning.
It’s only later that the marketing team sits down together to analyze the email stats and realizes that the emails failed to achieve the set goal. This is when getting the emails, a good response seems like a huge challenge for a marketer. Therefore, a marketer needs a perfect email marketing strategy. A perfect email marketing strategy is both an art and a science. The prime role played in this strategy is, however, a polished email marketing copy.
There are no top-secrets to get this perfect copy but there are surely some crucial tips to ace email marketing. We are bringing you 4 crucial tips for writing polished email marketing copy.
1. Subject Line & Preview Text
To start with the very first step in improving email marketing is that a marketer should focus on the subject line of an email. A good subject line can create a strong impact on your recipients. A killer subject line can save an email from getting deleted from the recipients.
- The recipients will only click on an email if they will feel that the email’s content can be of their benefit. Some people either open an email because of the fear of missing some information or if they feel persuaded by compelling evidence about the email.
- All of the above conditions can be met with just one perfect subject line. Therefore, while writing an email copy, a marketer should never overlook the subject line.
- A marketer should always be at least a few steps ahead of his recipients. As the clients are getting more familiar with modern marketing tools, it’s not easy to persuade them. Therefore, a marketer should not completely rely on the subject line. A well-written preview text can also help in compelling the receipts to give an email a read. A preview text is the first few words that can be seen ahead of the subject line. It tells recipients more about the content of the email.
While writing an email copy, an email preview text should be kept within the character limit ranging from 35 to 140. It should be catchy, that will attract the recipients to click on the email.
2. Web-based Content
- An email copy should realize that the content of en email should be according to the web. Therefore, make sure that an email copy is well structured and clear. The paragraphs in an email should be kept short. A polished email copy must consist of one main idea per paragraph. Using bullet points and subheadings help to break up a load of text and eventually make emails easily readable.
- Even though using capital letters can help sometimes catching the reader’s attention, remember that it can also attract the notice of spam filters. Therefore, try to avoid capital letters and also the use of exclamation marks in the subject line and the email. Since the caps seem like your emails are shouting for clicks, it can be marked as spam which will only hurt an email marketing campaign.
3. Write Email Marketing Copy for Your Readers:
- A marketer should have apt knowledge about his audience to be able to design the perfect email marketing strategy that impacts the audience’s needs. This is a great way to boost the email’s engagement rate.
- When an email marketer knows his recipients, it gets easy for him to design an email marketing copy that makes the recipients click and read the email. Therefore, the focus should be kept in writing for the readers particularly. Hence, write an email copy that sounds like a real person. This can be done by avoiding the marketing tone and rather be conversational.
- However, nobody said that the email’s content should be boring. An email’s content should appeal to the readers’ imagination. Try sharing customer stories to stir their interest. This will also lead to a strong relationship with recipients.
- Another way of building a strong relationship with your subscribers is by letting them know who you are. Recipients feel comfortable when they know that the sender behind the emails is a real person and not some generic sender.
- The use of the right words in email plays a very crucial role in making an email stand out. A marketer should try to make reading his email a great experience for the readers. The emails cannot be too long therefore, every word should be carefully used.
- The following are some quick tips to get the best content for your email:
- Try to use appropriate analogies.
- Try to use sensory words in the email.
- Try to use powerful words in your subject line and call to action (CTA).
- Don’t make false promises and damage the costumer’s trust.
4. Psychological Approach As Your Email Marketing Strategy
- It not easy to precisely predict how the recipient will respond but a fair estimation can be drawn as human beings react in some predictable ways to certain messages. Hence, using psychology references while drawing up an email marketing strategy can be helpful.
- Some of the psychological approaches that can be included while writing email marketing copy are as follows:
- With the help of time-limited discounts, and urgent notices a marketer can appeal to the psychological factor of fear of missing out (FOMO). People don’t want to miss out so they tent to click on such emails.
- With the help of different colors, one can elicit different reactions from readers. Therefore, a wise choice of colors for CTA buttons can lead to a higher email response rate.
- Appeal to vision. With the help of pictures of faces, a marketer can attract the gaze of the recipients.
Now that we have shared these helpful tips to write a polished email marketing copy with you, it must not be very difficult to achieve that one goal of high-converting emails. With the constant implications of the combinations of these tips, you will soon find that exact combination that is working for your email campaign.
No comments yet...
Leave your comment